At our hire centre based in Grizedale Forest we have a few different bikes available for hire for up to 3 hours, or over 3 hours. We have hardtails, full suspension bikes, electric bikes, kids bikes and trailers all for hire.
All collections are needed to be between 9:30am and 1:00pm, and all returns must be back by 4pm. This allows us to clean, check and recharge all our bikes before the next wave of hires the following day.
We advise booking in advance to guarantee a bike, however you can risk just turning up on the day to see what we have left. The last slot for hiring bikes is 1pm if you are just running the gauntlet of seeing if we've anything left.
The majority of our hire bikes are from Specialized but we do have Orbea and Santa Cruz in some areas.
Hardtail Mountain Bikes.
Our Specialized hardtails feature disc brakes and front suspension forks so you can tackle most of the routes in and around Grizedale. We go down to a extra small and up to an XXL to cover most sizes of rider from tall youths to giant adults. We are running the Specialized Rockhopper mountain bikes for adventures both on and off road.
- Up to 3 Hours £25
- Over 3 hours £35
Hardtail Electric Bikes.
These feature front suspension forks and off road tyres so you can tackle all of the trails at Grizedale should you wish to. They offer pedal assist to allow you to easily go further whilst leaving you plenty of energy to enjoy a whole day out if needs be. Great for towing a trailer if you're heading out with little ones. E bikes can only be ridden by over 14's who must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times.
- £50 per battery - this will last the full 5 hour hire period if you are economical with it.
Full Suspension Bikes.
With front and rear suspension these bikes will allow you to ride anywhere in the forest on any trail as long as you've got the skills! At the minute we have Specialized Stumpjumpers making up our fleet of full suspension trail bikes.
- Up to 3 Hours £50
- Over 3 hours £60
Full Suspension Electric Bikes.
With suspension at the front and rear our full sus E bikes are able to tackle our more extreme terrain. These bikes are hired on a "per battery" basis rather than on an hourly rate. All riders must be over 14 to use them, and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times. At the moment we have Specialized Turbo Levo's.
- £100 per battery - this will last the full 5 hour hire period if you are economical with it.
At the moment we have the Specialized Riprock with fat tyres and disc brakes for those adventuring off road.
- Up to 3 Hours £20
- Over 3 hours £25
If your youth isn't a fan of using their own legs or just wants some assistance up our hills then these are a great option. At the moment we only have 2 trailers that can be attached to electric hardtail mountain bikes only.
- All under 18's must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times
- Electric bikes can only be ridden by those aged 14 years and over - UK law and our insurance dictates this.
- Children must be over 1 year old to use a trailer and each child can weigh no more than 18kg, or a combined weight of 36kg
- All hires include a helmet and basic map of the forest
- All bikes must be collected from us between 9:30am - 12:00pm
- All bikes must be returned by 3pm - late fees apply.
- We cannot promise any bike that is not booked online or over the phone
- ALL bikes must be booked at least 24 hours in advance to allow us to prepare them.
- Photo ID is required in ALL cases, no hire can take place without it
- A helmet MUST be worn at ALL times whilst on our bikes
A security deposit of £1000 will be taken against the hire of any full suspension electric bikes or full suspension bikes. This deposit takes 7-10 working days to appear back in your account so please ensure you can be without it for that length of time, we cannot speed it up.