The all-new Santa Cruz Hightower C GX AXS Mountain Bike is a compilation of their greatest hits of engineering - now further refined and bottled into the most all-terrain of bikes.
Big on wheels, medium on travel, short on fuss. This is the do-it-all model that does it over and over again thanks to a versatile balance of geo, spec and durability.
If you’re not looking for extremes, just something extremely good, the Hightower is your elevator!
At its core, the Hightower is just a bike designed for all-terrain riding. You know, going up, down, along, around and over on trails, tracks and anything gritty, dirty, rough and fun. 145mm rear travel (150mm-travel fork), easy-rolling 29-inch wheels and confidence-inspiring geometry means anywhere tyres will roll… then so will this bike.
No fussing, no nonsense, no silly category names.
HIGHTOWER C • GX AXS Highlights
Frame: Carbon C 29" 145mm Travel VPPTM
Fork: FOX 36 Float Performance Elite, 150mm
Rear Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe Select+ 210x55
Drivetrain: SRAM GX AXS Eagle, 12 Speed
Santa Cruz Hightower C GX AXS Mountain Bike Features
- Mega fast-rolling, bump-easing 29-inch wheels mean maximum rollover, traction & trust.
The handy Glovebox keeps your essentials within reach, including tools, snacks or an extra tube. Also, it comes with a Tool Wallet and Tube Purse for keeping things organized!
- Chainstay length and seat tube angle have been matched to the frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same sublime balanced geometry.
- Dynamic VPP™ suspension can be optimized to strike the right balance between pedalling efficiency and all-out bump-chomping prowess. That means wherever you see "VPP" you know it's tuned to perform exactly how it should for the purpose it's designed for!
- Hightower features 145mm in the rear paired with 150mm up front. More might be tempting, but if you're looking for something to conquer anyone’s local trails, then say hello to Hightower.
- Compared to the last Hightower, Santa Cruz reduced the anti-squat in the first 40% of travel. Any rider will find this noticeably improves suspension sensitivity in both climbing & descending scenarios, due to reduced chain influence on the suspension.
- The new Hightower's leverage curve has been designed relatively straight, with added progression towards the end of the travel. This provides improved bottom-out resistance with more consistent damping and support.
- A purpose-built window allows easier suspension sag and setup. This is finished off with a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off any strikes.
- Flip Chip allows tweakers and finicky shredders can adapt the suspension feel to their needs and desire. In the Low position, the shock rate becomes more progressive, particularly at the end of the stroke, and there’s some bottom-out resistance to be gained. In the High setting, the bike rides a little higher in its travel and supplies the rider with more mid-stroke support.