The Forbidden Druid is the modern wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Its high pivot Trifecta suspension platform defies logic. Simultaneously generating predictable traction and playful pop while offering an otherworldly ability to devour chunky terrain.
With geometry that effortlessly balances stability and agility, the Druid is a trail bike through and through. This bike is equally at home hammering out trail rides after work, ripping weekend shuttle laps, and crushing epic alpine traverses.
This humble (on paper) trail bike boasts on-trail characteristics that don’t just punch above their class they defy classification altogether.
A bike that delivers pedal-all-day efficiency when you want it and tech-descent-tackling confidence when you need it.
A short travel trail bike by definition but a kilometer-crushing, chunder-devouring, fun machine by any other description.
The new Druid V2 differs from the V1 in the following ways:
- The second iteration of Druid see a shift to an inverted four-bar suspension design. This evolution was necessitated by our desire to retain the ride characteristics of the original Druid while achieving certain design goals. At the same time, we shed a little bit of weight from the main frame, whilst ensuring the bike still passes our rigorous testing regime.
- The bearing-in-rocker design of our new forged V2 Rate Control Linkage allows us to use locking collet axles and oversized bearings for easy maintenance and dependability. This option isn’t the lightest but trading a few grams for a long-lasting, easily serviced linkage, was the practical choice.
- Druid now sports an 18-tooth steel idler equipped with a solid lube bearing as standard. These changes, along with a refined tooth profile increase the idler’s longevity and ensure compatibility with the latest drivetrains. Our new idler, along with its modular mounting system is compatible and optimized for use with both 52mm and 55mm chain lines.
- A quiet bike is a fast bike and a clean bike is less prone to problems, so we developed a full suite of custom frame protection to keep the noisy bits quiet and the hard to clean bits free from crud.
- We don’t discriminate against rightys or leftys and our adaptable cable routing allows you to neatly route the Druid’s cables and hoses no matter where in the world you come from or with what hand you operate your rear brake with. New for V2 is the inclusion of clamping hose/cable ports on the rear triangle. This ensures no unwanted movement anywhere along the frame.
- Threaded BB, Boost rear wheel spacing, press in headset cups – we only use what makes sense from a design and durability standpoint. You won’t find any questionable trends here – looking at you headset cable routing.
Please note frame only options are due to be shipped in late July and Mid August.
We've stock destined for Grizedale so just give them a ring to secure one as yours. The "stock" you see on the new V2's are what we have coming, nothing has arrived just yet.
If you're after something you don't see "in stock" then give us a shout and we will try and get you one.
We can accept cycle to work vouchers on full price Forbidden frames and bikes, and we can offer 0% finance up to 30 months on them (subject to t's and c's)
Demo bikes will be available but not until mid June at the earliest.