Location – Grizedale Forest, Near Hawkshead, Cumbria, UK
Job Type – Part Time / School Holidays (Zero Hours Contract)
Particulars - Minimum age 16 years due to the specifics required of safety briefing delivery and our insurance.
Category – Bike Washing & Hire Handover Representative
Closing Date – 11th June 2022
We are looking for 2 people to assist in the hand over and maintenance of our 200 hire and demo bike fleet during the busy periods over the school holidays.
In this role you will working with our hire centre manager to ensure that:
- People are fitted correctly to bikes suitable for their riding skills
- The bikes are set up appropriately with regards to suspension and saddle height
- Route advice within the Forest is given
- A safety briefing is delivered
- Electric bike controls are demonstrated where necessary
- A helmet is fitted
- Bikes are cleaned thoroughly upon participant return
- Bikes are ridden off and checked for mechanical soundness
Biketreks Grizedale is an established cycle retailer operating a hire and demo facility in Grizedale Forest in the Lake District.
All training will be provided on the technical front, but we need outspoken, polite individuals who relish dealing with the public to ensure the smooth operation of hire.
We have 200 hire and demo bikes that go out daily so you must be able to demonstrate you can work under pressure in a repetitive daily environment.
Please note that Grizedale Forest is NOT an easy place to access from anywhere so please consider this before applying.
Benefits, Salary & Hours of Work:
- We offer an hourly rate based on age
- We offer accrued holidays dependent on hours worked (max 28 days)
- We offer a discount package if you're looking to buy cycling goods in the store
- All staff uniform is provided
- The position is based at Biketreks Grizedale, Near Hawkshead, Cumbria LA22 0QJ
- The role will be on a zero hour contract with most hours required at weekends. Dependent on age the hours and days will vary accordingly.
- We are looking to start the role in July 2022.
How to Apply:
Please send a relevant CV along with a one page covering letter to email@example.com.